Lorne Hiro first got involved with Triple Take back around 1999 when the first attempt was made to remount The Paradise Lust Romance Series. Although nothing came of it, he thought this would be a great bunch of crazy kids to hang around with whose motto seemed to be: “Wouldn’t it be great to have fun and maybe make a name for ourselves in the process?” Kind of like Saturday Night Live…except without the major network support. Whilst amongst these “wild and crazy guys”, he was involved in Sketch TV (the pilot), Crime and Etiquette, Watching Mr. Body and the first reading of They Suck.
On the other side of the fence, Lorne has been involved in several film and theatrical projects. The most recent was a 20 minute short entitled Rebirth, which has been fortunate enough to receive a screening at the Beverly Hills’ Film Festival and the Montreal World Film Fest (both 2006).
- The Recruit – Actor (CIA Technician – for Touchstone/Spyglass)
- The Prodigal Son – Actor (Leo – for Squeeze Box Theatre)
- Empty Your Cup – Actor (Walter – for Durham Regional Rape Crisis Centre Benefit)
- Romeo and Juliette – Actor (The Prince – for Shakespeare in the Square)
- Rice Pudding – Director (Fringe of Toronto Festival, 2004)
- Sugar – Actor (Pickpocket Paula – for On the Stroll Productions)
- Les Mers Rouges – Actor (Joseph and multiple roles – for the Fringe of Toronto Festival, 2005)
- Weekend Comedy – Actor (Tony – for Century Church Theatre)