Montreal-born and educated E.C. Chevalier has studied theatre, film and literature. She was a producer, writer, director of the play Quatre actrices en quete d’une piece in Montreal where she also starred as "the professor" in Eugene Ionesco’s La lecon. E.C. lived several years in London where she studied singing and sat on the Board of the theatre company, Pop-Up founded by Penny Bernard.
Currently, E.C. is working as assistant director on the play, The Aquarium directed by Regan Macaulay and produced by Triple Take Productions. This is the third time she collaborates with the company. She was assistant stage manager for Last Dance of the Dark Cloaked Avenger, by R.J. Downes, and she was also stage manager for the 2007 New Ideas Festival run of Shakespeare’s Brain, by Allison McWood.
E.C. divides her time between fiction, theatre and film. Her novella, The Annotated Johnson, was published by Demiurge Editeur. She is the founder of the new multimedia company Round Table Arts.
For Triple Take:
- The Aquarium – Assistant Director
- Last Dance of the Dark Cloaked Avenger – Assistant Stage Manager, Props & Set
- Unwanted Guests (short film in development) – First Assistant Director – ON HOLD
- Seeing the Light (in development) – Assistant Director (one-act play)
- Shakespeare’s Brain – Stage Manager