Darcy Windover been involved in theatre and film since late high school, but has had a great love of both for his entire life. As a member of a Beatles Tribute band, The Fab4+2, he helped organize several fundraisers to help restore an Art Deco theatre, The Capitol (later named The Imperial Oil Centre for the Performing Arts) in Sarnia. In the final year of University, Darcy earned a minor role in a production of Richard III, though doubled as the production coordinator.
Since becoming a teacher in 2001, he has directed five Shakespearean productions at Fallingrbrook Middle School, including A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Romeo and Juliet, Twelfth Night, The Tempest, and Macbeth.
In recent years, Darcy has become involved in several of Triple Take’s productions, including the role of Zombie Boy in the infamous trilogy and feature, Space Zombies. Other credits include several minor roles in They Suck, a reading for a film in the works.
Darcy Windover has been busy writing, composing and performing his music with various bands, including The Heard Mentality, Shoot The Cameraman, and The Ole Fashion. He has also started a solo project, beginning with an ep he released in the summer of 2013 entitled, “Back Looking Forward”. He is currently working on a full length release, due out by the end of 2014. In 2010, he joined a Beatles tribute band called The Beatlers, allowing him to do some acting in his otherwise extremely busy schedule. You can check out Darcy’s music here:
For Triple Take:
- The Paradise Lust Romance Series – Front of House Manager
- The Space Zombies Trilogy and Feature – Actor (Zombie Boy), Soundtrack (2 songs contributed by The Heard Mentality)
- They Suck – Actor in the readings
- The Silencer (in development) – Art History and Music Consultant
- Richard III – Production Coordinator (UWO Summer Shakespeare)
- Romeo and Juliet – Production Consultant (UWO Summer Shakespeare)
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Director (Fallingbrook Theatre Club, Fallingbrook Middle School)
- Romeo and Juliet – Director (Fallingbrook Theatre Club, Fallingbrook Middle School)
- Skyfish (band) – Guitar, vocals (Self-titled album)
- The Fab 4+2: A Tribute to the Beatles (band) – Guitar, vocals Corduroy (band) – Guitar, vocals (album – Yup)
- The Heard Mentality (band) – Guitar, vocals